If you want to get the word out ASAP about a product or promotion, you can’t just count on search engine optimization because that takes some time and effort to get your site well-ranked.
However, pay-per-click ad campaigns and other forms of internet advertising can provide INSTANT results. Plus, they can be highly targeted to find your ideal clients. Within hours of setting up your campaign, your ads can be running on Google, Facebook and other high traffic destinations.
WHAT’S THE BEST AD PLATFORM?
It really depends on who your ideal clientele are and where they spend their time. Sometimes a mixed-bag approach can be the best way to go too. If this is all new to you, here’s an overview of the benefits and drawbacks of the three main contenders:
GOOGLE (SEARCH) ADWORDS
You probably know by now, these are the ads that appear atop a Google Search Results page. Advertisers pay to have their ads appear above the “organic” search listings. If your ad is relevant, appealing, and you bid enough against your competitors (the format is auction-esque) there’s a good chance your ad will appear high up in the rankings, and generate clicks to your website.
- Anyone who types in a Google search term is actively seeking information on that very service or product that your ad corresponds to. It’s not like they just come across it by happenstance in their social feed.
- Their customer service is pretty great compared to the other ad platforms.
- The advertising dashboard, user interface and setup process can be incredibly overwhelming to a beginner. There’s just so much information and tools and data to take in. The learning curve is enormous.
- You cannot include any images or videos in your ads. They’re just straight-up text ads, and not much text at that.
- The ability to target clients based on demographics is generally more limited than Facebook.
If you’ve looked at your Facebook feed lately, you must have noticed some advertisements thrown into the mix of your friends’ cat pictures and political musings. These ads don’t just appear in your feed by happenstance – some business targeted them to you based on the data that Facebook knows about you. And you can do the same to target YOUR Company’s products or services to YOUR ideal customers.
- You can highly target your audience based on an amazingly robust array of user demographic data.
- You can include an image or video in your advertisement which can help make it that much more enticing.
- Here too, the learning curve, and time commitment to setup, study, analyze, test, etc.. is enormous.
- Their customer service stinks (unless you spend a toooooooon of money with them).
Here too, ads appear in users feeds on this social platform. But since LinkedIn is a business-centric platform, the ads are typically targeted based on occupational data points (job title, employer, experience, skills, etc…)
- When users are logged in to LinkedIn, they’re likely in the mindset of how they can improve their business or their occupation. So if you have a B2B product or service that can help them in their pursuit of that goal, you’ll be catching their attention at just the right time.
- Once again the learning curve, and time commitment to setup, study, analyze, test, etc.. is overwhelming.
- Their customer service stinks too. It’s practically non-existent.
- Their ads tend to be more expensive than the other platforms.
In summary, the best approach is to test, test, then test again. But this all takes a tremendous amount of time, energy, focus, etc… If you don’t have the time, patience or know-how, to handle this technical stuff on your own, and would prefer someone else (who’s already an expert in this type of stuff) do the heavy lifting while you focus on your day-to-day operations, then contact the digital marketing experts right now in our Hoboken, NJ offices to request a free quote: call 201-253-6734 or email us.
RECENT ONLINE AD CAMPAIGNS
HOW GREAT WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOU WERE GETTING THIS MANY NEW LEADS IN YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!