Following up on our article from earlier this month on the topic of Why, and how to, setup your Google My Business profile, you already understand it’s importance and how to make it happen. Now it’s time to take your Google My Business Listing up a notch and fill it with excellent customer reviews.
There are two benefits that come from this:
I. Your website’s Google ranking should improve because Google gives brownie points to businesses that are positively rated by their customers.
II. More prospects that are searching for a qualified service provider in your industry will feel inclined to contact you, instead of your competition, if your business has more positive reviews than they do.
So, assuming you’ve already created your Google Business Profile, what’s the easiest way to get customers to submit 5 star reviews on your new profile?
1. Make sure you are logged OUT of your Google account.
2. Visit Google Places API
3. Enter your business’ name and location in the empty field atop the map and select your business from the options drop-down menu that appears. The map should then re-generate around your business’ address.
4. Above your map location, in the text bubble, it will list a Place ID (highlighted here in red). Copy the Place ID.
5. Affix the place ID to the very end of this link: https://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=
For example (in our case): https://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=ChIJQ9wHsGBXwokRld3pew-zbU4
6. Type up a nice, brief, e-mail that you can send to your happy customers, and include the link. Here’s what we use:
I’m happy to hear that you were thrilled with [insert service you provided here]. I have a small favor to ask. Any chance you could share your satisfaction by leaving a few kind words about us on our Google Business profile? If so, please visit: https://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=ChIJQ9wHsGBXwokRld3pew-zbU4
And click the “Write a review” button. It shouldn’t take you any longer than 30 seconds to complete. And it would really mean a lot to us. Thanks!!!!!
7. Send this e-mail to a) those customers that you KNOW are thrilled with your work and will be more than happy to submit a 5 star review b) customers that you KNOW have an e-mail account that uses @gmail.com. They won’t be able to submit a review if they don’t have an account with Google.
Still need help? Call us at 201-253-6734 or email us.